Los Angeles, CA 91405
Los Angeles, CA 91405
Give us a call
JOIN OUR TEAM
Company Overview: Based in Los Angeles, Bubba’s LA has been creating award-winning visuals for over 10 years, while developing a reputation for distinct storytelling and a design-forward approach.
Our work is as diverse as our team, and no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to take the lead on a wide range of creative projects. Design is the foundation for everything we do, so coming from a design background is of the utmost importance in this role.
Location: Los Angeles Position
Overview: Bubba’s LA is growing rapidly and expanding our team. Reporting to the Creative Director and Executive Producer, we are seeking an experienced Art Director who will be responsible for art directing high production-quality, diverse branded content— leading art direction, project-managing, in-house shooting, and much more.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
• Have the ability to develop strong visual concepts individually as well as through meaningful team collaboration.
• Conceptualize content, creating shot lists and/or storyboards based on scripts and research documents
• Source, onboard, and direct illustrators, animators and/or video editors
• Review aesthetic qualities of visual content, and communicate edits to post-production team
• Ability to be on the box
• Support best practices of the video production team, specifically as it pertains to technical specifications and file management Improve departmental workflows, striving for efficiency, specifically as it pertains to production management and freelance onboarding processes
• Ensure team is hitting deadlines and production goals • Keep informed of current industry tastes and trends
Required Skills and Experience:
• Expert level knowledge of Adobe After Effects
• Strong working knowledge of Cinema 4D and/or Blender in 3D
• Strong communication skills and people skills, with a can do attitude REQUIRED
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to direct animators and designers
• Work at a high level on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience in branded content
• On the box
• Graphic Design – needs to have strong design skills and design aesthetic
• 2D Motion Graphics – AE, PSD, Illustrator
• 3D Motion Graphics – C4D, Maya, Unreal Engine
• Rendering – Redshift
• Final compositing – AE
• Keen eye for typography
• Experience with art direction
• Experience working with deadlines and budget constraints
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Animation and video-editing skills are a plus
• Experience with voice-over, scriptwriting, and sound design is a plus
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Motion Graphic Designer
Bubba’s LA, an Emmy award-winning digital content studio is looking for a full-time motion graphic designer to join its growing team. Your work should demonstrate a refined design sensibility, conceptual thinking, and in general the ability to create motion graphics that are engaging and inspiring.
We are looking for a talented Motion Designer to create both 2D and 3D animation assets for video content across the web, social, and advertising mediums. The ideal candidate is in their element whether they’re designing or animating and eats, breathes, and sleeps motion design.
- Natural artistic talent with a great sense of form, composition, color, typography, and motion
- Excels at motion, color, typography, composition and imagery, and animation of 2 and 3-dimensional images
- Critical thinking and the ability to clearly express creative ideas
- Work with Art Director to establish the look and feel of the motion
- Offer creative input and brainstorm on pitches
- Keep up to date with the current design, visual art trends, and best practices
- Accurately estimate time to assigned tasks
- Take initiative in solving creative and technical issues that arise
- Be able to seamlessly jump between projects when necessary
- Personality and communication skills to thrive in a small team environment
- 3-5 years at an agency or motion studio
- Strong leadership skills and team management
- Adobe Creative Suite wizard
- Proficiency in either Cinema 4D or Blender.
- Proficiency in 3D
- Proficiency in rendering with Redshift, Arnold, Octane, or VRay
- A demo reel or portfolio demonstrating a well rounded and nuanced motion portfolio
- Ability to take Art Direction and feedback
- Ability to hit deadlines, work solo, but also in a team setting
To apply submit your resume to [email protected]
A bit more info:
Bubba’s LA embraces equal opportunity, and we cherish the diversity of perspectives and backgrounds on our small team. With every opportunity to grow the team, we seek to build upon that dynamic as we search for fresh and unique creative voices to welcome into our family.
Due to the current global pandemic, full-time candidates should reside in and be eligible to work in the United States. While we’re extremely interested in finding a match for the open full-time position, we’re also interested in meeting talented freelancers who might be a culture fit.
If you’re not interested in full time, please still apply and mention freelance in your cover letter. Either way, we’re looking for artists with an insane passion for motion graphics, a concept-driven approach to their craft, and a strong design sensibility.
Please submit your resume along with a reel or portfolio to [email protected]; bonus points if you share your three favorite typefaces in your cover letter.